Smoked Salmon and Shiitake Omelette Torte
February 3rd, 2011 by Elise | Printer friendly version
Leave a reply »
I was looking for a tasty way to serve eggs back in my seafood eating days and came up with this recipe after some experimentation. It’s very tasty!
295 calories; 15g protein; 26g carbohydrates; 15g fat; 225mg cholesterol; 581mg sodium; 4g fiber
Makes 6 servings
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Tbsp of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Cup of roasted red peppers, diced
- 3 Cups of shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 4 Green onions sliced
- 4 Ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 2 Tbsp of fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make sure that potato is diced small enough to cook quickly.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix the eggs and cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and smoked salmon. Cook until shiitakes are softened.
- Add roasted red peppers, thyme, rosemary and green onions. Cook for two minutes, then distribute the ingredients evenly in the pan.
- Turn heat to low. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pan. Let cook for a few minutes until egg starts to set.
- 1.Place the skillet under the preheated broiler until the top is slightly browned.