January 11th, 2011 by Elise | Printer friendly version
Leave a reply »
This tasty and visually appealing salad is very low calorie and easy to make. Marinating the cucumbers for several hours allows them to soak up a lot of flavor.
43 calories; 1g protein; 3g carbohydrates; 4g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 32mg sodium; 0g fiber
Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Add the cucumber slices to a colander and toss them with salt. Allow them to drain for 30 minutes and then squeeze out excess liquid.
- Mix the sugar, vinegar and mustard together in a large bowl. Add the cucumbers and toss to coat. Put the bowl in the refrigerator and allow to chill for 2 hours or more.
- Drain the cucumbers, reserving the excess liquid. Stir the olive oil into the marinade. Drizzle the marinade over the lettuce, top with cucumbers and serve.