Creamy Avocado & White Bean Wrap
December 29th, 2010 by Elise Printer friendly version
Leave a reply »
My Mom raved to me about these wraps for weeks and I finally got to try them when I went down to visit my parents last weekend. They are very tasty indeed, and also very unique! The recipe has you mash together white beans, avocado and cheese. It goes well with a side salad.
452 calories; 19g protein; 57g carbohydrates; 20g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 961mg sodium; 16g fiber
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (or vegan cheddar, or omit)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt together in a bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot and cilantro and mix well.
- Mash beans and avocado together in another bowl. Stir in cheese and onion.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the bean/avocado mixture onto each tortilla and top with 2/3 cup of the slaw before rolling up.