November 5th, 2010 by Elise Printer friendly version
Leave a reply »
I made this corn recipe as a side dish to accompany taco salad. It comes from Vegetarian Times: Low-fat and Fast
. Jason and I agreed that it was very tasty and it was extremely quick and easy to make!
87 calories; 3g protein; 19g carbohydrates; 1g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 138mg sodium; 2g fiber
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine corn, bell pepper, water and onion in a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 6 minutes, or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Drain veggies and stir in the other ingredients before serving.
From Vegetarian Times: Low-fat & Fast by the editors of Vegetarian Times magazine