April 28th, 2010 by Elise | Printer friendly version
Leave a reply »
This unusual spaghetti recipe utilizes curry powder, peanut butter and sunflower oil in addition to the more expected flavor of tomato juice. It is also very quick and easy to make which tends to be a regular theme of my cooking in Spring. Serve it with a side salad to get a full serving of veggies and to add additional color to the plate.
224 calories; 7g protein;23g carbohydrates; 13g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 185mg sodium; 5g fiber
Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Peanuts to garnish
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on packaging.
- Warm the sunflower oil in a skillet and fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add the curry powder, tomato juice, lemon juice and peanut butter.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan and toss to coat. Garnish with peanuts to serve.
Based on a recipe from Vegetarian Cooking: Exciting Ideas for Delicious Meals published by Crescent Books