Italian Salad Dressing/Spice Mix
April 22nd, 2010 by Elise | Printer friendly version
Leave a reply »
Homemade dressings are healthier than their store-bought counterparts and they taste better too! The Italian spice mix that you must assemble to create the dressing makes more than you need, so you can store the rest in an air-tight container to save time when making future salads.
50 calories; 0g protein; 1g carbohydrates; 6g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 192mg sodium; 0g fiber
Serving size = 2 tablespoons
Ingredients for Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons salt
Ingredients to Make Dressing
- 2 tbsp dry mix (ingredients above)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients together in a container with an air tight lid.
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, oil and water with 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.