Vegetable Curry with Couscous
April 6th, 2010 by Elise | Printer friendly version
Leave a reply »
This is one of my favorite curry recipes. I use mango chutney in this dish which adds a tangy sweetness, as do the raisins. This is also extremely easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for Spring, when many of us would rather spend our time outdoors enjoying the beautiful weather!
290 calories; 9g protein; 53g carbohydrates; 8g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 950mg sodium; 7g fiber
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounce package frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower (substitute fresh if desired)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chutney
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous or rice
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Cook couscous according to instructions on packaging.
- Add the oil to a 12-inch skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the bell pepper until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable broth, curry powder, salt and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the chutney and raisins. Serve over couscous and garnish with peanuts.
Based on a recipe from Betty Crocker’s Vegetarian Cooking published by General Mills, Inc.