Orange Glazed Tofu
February 24th, 2010 by Elise | Printer friendly version
Leave a reply »
This tofu recipe is easy to make and I often eat it with a salad for a quick lunch. It could also be tasty in a sandwich, a tortilla wrap, or served over rice.
171 calories; 13g protein; 9g carbohydrates; 11g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 808mg sodium; 1g fiber
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 block of firm or extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons of water (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and tofu and saute for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat, until the tofu begins to brown.
- Whisk the soy sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, marmalade and ginger together in a bowl. Pour it over the tofu and stir to coat.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. If the sauce is runny, add the cornstarch and water, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens.